Backward Bending

Backward Bending
Go back, way back

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 10- Completed

Half way there, Day 10

It's time to send in for a lil' Livin on a Prayer...because ooooohh "we're halfway there".

Yesterday's class, the marker of my half way point through the 20-day challenge, was absolute perfection. Not only did my boots find their way back to me, but we had the visiting instructor from last Thursday who I really enjoy. I now know that her name is Megan, and she has been practicing Bikram for 7 years.

SEVEN YEARS. Wow, that is a long time. Just like our studio owner, Megan has a very peaceful and relaxed nature about her. She exudes yoga. It's truly inspiring and I found myself thinking once again last night that I could continue to make my practice a bigger part of my life. It doesn't have to be a one-time 20 day challenge, it can be a way of life. And as I continue to learn in each class, it is not about the postures or the final destination it's about a state of mind.

My state of mind is good today. I am actually in the office (despite having the day off) and post blog will be finishing up work on some substantial projects...and then off to the hot room.

I was going to attempt a "double" class tonight, which essentially means 3 straight hours of yoga, but instead I have decided to rearrange my schedule so that I can attend Friday's 9:30am class instead. Coincidentally, this means I will now be ending my challenge with 12 straight days of yoga. Oh boy.

Happy President's day.

Namaste

"We've got to hold on to what we've got
'Cause it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not.
We've got each other and that's a lot for love -
We'll give it a shot." ~ Bon Jovi

No comments:

Post a Comment