Backward Bending

Backward Bending
Go back, way back

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 4- Completed

Barely there, Day 4

Warning, the following blog post may not be appropriate for those who don't appreciate a little (or a lot of) flesh.

Day 4 of my challenge was the most soul and skin-bearing yet. That's right, ladies and gents, I unveiled the following outfit (you may remember it from my "What NOT to Wear" post) last night:







At first I felt completely insecure, and pale, yes pale. This stomach has not seen daylight in sometime, years perhaps. As some of you may know I am a licensed Esthetician and prefer to don a full body suit, hat, umbrella and SPF 45 when I am anywhere near the sun. Given such you can imagine the glowing, iridescent look of my skin. Pale is the new tan, I tell ya.

Anyways, let's move beyond color and into the flesh and tone category. I have to admit my legs and booty (and there's a LOT of it) are feeling much more toned these days, but with my new midriff baring top in action I quickly realized my stomach is NOT reaping the same benefits.

"Why?" one might ask. And I couldn't agree more. It seems nearly IMPOSSIBLE to avoid flexing your core muscles during 90 minutes of intense full body sweating...but like many other things I had evaded stomach clenching until last night.

When you are face to face with your stomach and the many imperfections no one else can see, in a fluorescent lit room, your belly button staring back at you, ALL you want to do is "suck it in." And so I did...for 90 minutes. And WOW, it actually helped me to stretch even further into some of my postures. It was also a much needed reminder that during this challenge and beyond I am committed to loving my body--just the way it is--EVERY DAY.

I still swear that I will never ever (EVER!) be caught in one of the flashier, triangle bikini tops (seriously, people wear these?!)...but only time will tell.



Cheers, from one pale, curvy-stomach loving gal to YOU. Remember to LOVE your body today.

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Tracey, I'm a friend of Kristi's from Boston and a fellow yogi 3 years (on and off) into my practice. She pointed me towards your blog after I posted a very similar sentiment on facebook tonight about appreciating the many amazing things your body can do (and will do) through a regular yoga practice regardless of what your body actually looks like. Admittedly, I have not made it to the bra top or hot shorts yet though--kudos to you! I'm planning on my own first 30-day challenge soon, and look forward to following you on your journey.
    Namaste--
    Kimya

    ReplyDelete