Backward Bending

Backward Bending
Go back, way back

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 15- Completed

Varsity, Day 15



Believe it or not, waking up at 6:15 on Saturday wasn't as bad as I thought. Waking up, having to feed and walk the dogs AND shovel the 4 new inches of snow off of my windshield, didn't even phase me. Does this mean the yoga is REALLY working? Or perhaps it means I've been upgraded from the JV team?

As I went into the hot room on day 15, I was prepared for a morning of tight muscles, sleepy postures and extreme heat. I certainly got 2 out of the 3, but my postures came to life when I heard teacher Maeghan say the following:

"Saturdays are my favorite class to teach. You know why? VARSITY."

What a fantastic sentiment! Finally I've reached the land of dedicated, varsity yogi. And with that motivating one-liner, I couldn't help but give it my best shot.

I know I have posted pictures, and alluded to the nature of these 26 postures, but if you are interested in seeing some truly VARSITY YOGIS, click HERE.

I mean, WOW! Who knew the backward bend was supposed to look like THAT. Yowsers. I have got some stretching to do.

Speaking of stretching, my mind, body and gag reflex were stretched to their limit during a new addition to the class; Saturday morning 60-second Camel or Ustrasana.

Think This:


Not This:


And with that, Day 15, or 3/4 of my way through this challenge, was complete! Hooray!

I hope Saturday helped YOU to bring your varsity game and reap all the benefits of giving 100% to life. Because when you give 100% you get 100%.

Namaste

"The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there." ~Monica Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment